Abu Dhabi is swiftly making its presence felt worldwide as one of the best destinations to visit in UAE. In this post, you’ll find the best places to visit in Abu Dhabi with kids.
This is a Guest Post written by Priya from Rayna Tours
Though Dubai always captures the prime spot as the best destination to visit in UAE, Abu Dhabi is well deserving of its increasing popularity with families.
Abu Dhabi enjoys a slower pace with the many wonderful attractions but less of the crowds that visitors sometime encounter in Dubai.
Abu Dhabi is a great destination for a family holiday. There are brand new attractions launched in recent years that will delight kids. You can plan a holiday that is slower paced and without the stress of all the hustle and bustle of tourists.
Discover Abu Dhabi with Kids – Travel Tips and Things to do in Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
The first ever Ferrari themed amusements park in the world welcomes you to explore some amazing assortment of rollercoasters and thrilling rides. While Ferrari World Abu Dhabi might seem like a place where it is all about racing cars and speed for grownups, there are plenty of rides and experiences for young visitors.
While grownups can get the adrenaline kick on the world’s fastest roller coasters – Formula Rossa; kids and teens can have their fun enjoying interactive shows and mild adventures at Nello’s Adventureland, Khalil’s Car Wash, and RC Challenge. Kids can even enjoy a driving session at Junior GT. After a day filled with joyous screams and squeals, head to the dining venues that offer some of the best lip-smacking Italian and international cuisines in Abu Dhabi.
Travel Tips and info:
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi General Admission Single Day Ticket costs about AED 295 per person. The cost for kids is AED 230.
- Children below 3 are free of cost.
- Most rides have height restrictions and kids below 1.3m may not be allowed to ride on some of the roller coasters and thrill rides.
Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
Another first of its kind in UAE, Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi is a fascinating world filled with movie and cartoon characters. Split into 6 zones, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi offers around 29 exciting options of rides and shows integrated with a massive indoor arena that boasts as the largest fully air conditioned one in the world. Meet Bugs Bunny, Batman, Flintstone, Scooby Doo and many more characters on a meet and greet experiences or during a dining experience at the Starlight restaurant. Enjoy thrilling rides and shows such as Fast and Furry-ous and Justice League: Warworld Attacks. Go back to the prehistoric world of Flintstones where you and your kids can meander through a brook and meet all your favorite characters from Bedrock. Solve mysteries with the Scooby Doo gang. The youngsters can even train to become the next line of superheroes at DC Super Heroes in Training. This impressive theme park is located at Yas Island – one of the most popular destinations to visit in Abu Dhabi.
Travel tips and info:
- Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi is open daily from 10:00 am till 08:00 pm. Rides and attractions start from 11.00 am onwards.
- The rides are divided as per the height of guest. Hence you will have to consider height restrictions for rides.
- Child under the age of 3 is free of cost.
- Single Day Admission Ticket costs around AED 295 per adult and AED 230 per child with a height of 1.1m
Escape the desert heat and cool off in one of the most popular waterparks of UAE – Yas Waterworld. Dip, splash, swim and take respite from the sultry sun at this sprawling water playground that consists of over 40 exhilarating water rides and slides.
Located in Yas Island, the water park offers something for all age groups. While adults and teens can enjoy adrenaline rushing water rides, the kids can splash around at Tot’s Playground and Cannon point which is filled with water sprays and water cannons to enjoy a harmless water fight with your family.
The waterpark has dedicated areas filled with water slides, dumping buckets, water-shooting geyser, lazy rivers, wave pools, and infant pools as well. It is a perfect place to indulge in some refreshing water fun experiences.
Travel tips and info:
- Single Day ticket costs around AED 250 per adult and AED 210 for kids of 1.1m height. Kids under the age of 3 can enter free of charge.
- The park recommends appropriate swimwear. Boxers, briefs, transparent attires or with metal buttons, zippers, buckles are not allowed.
- Regular diapers for children, shirts or jackets that button or zip up the front and denim clothing are also prohibited.
Emirates Zoo Park
One of the best zoos in the Middle East, the Emirates Zoo Park is a brilliant Abu Dhabi sightseeing for wholesome family fun. Located at Al Bahia, a north-east suburb of Abu Dhabi, the zoo has over 1700 animals from around the world, which includes the exotic white tigers, a Siberian bear, giraffes, lions, cheetahs and many more creatures of the wild.
The zoo park is well maintained by animal specialists and features a unique ‘misting system’ that allows regulating the temperature during harsh summers and keeps animals cool. Apart from viewing these amazing assortments of animals, kids can have a great time at the petting zoo where they can interact with domestic animals.
There’s so much more to experience here like having breakfast with parrots and giraffes, petting a snake and even feeding crocodiles! The attraction is absolutely thrilling for kids to enjoy a day amid animals and interact with them.
Travel tips and info:
- Emirates Zoo Park operates Sunday to Wednesday from 9:00 am to 08:00 pm and Thursday, Saturday and Public Holidays from 9:00 am to 09:00 pm.
- Entrance to the park is around AED 235 for adults and for kids under 6 years of age is around AED 230. Kids under 3 years old can enter free of charge.
Desert Safari in Abu Dhabi
The Arabian deserts have a captivating charm of its own and no journey to the UAE feels complete until you have experienced the beauty of the deserts.
Desert Safari is a popular thing to do in Abu Dhabi as they let you enjoy some incredible sand sports adventures in a sprawling sandy playground. Desert Safaris come with a variety of options.
For those families with teens, they can opt for an afternoon desert safari filled with adventurous and adrenaline rushing activities such as quad biking and dune bashing. For families with children, they can opt for an Evening Desert Safari tour along with dining under the starry Arabian night.
You can opt for mellow adventures such as riding a camel, visiting camel farms, watching mesmerizing sunsets and getting your hands painted with beautiful henna designs. As evening falls, unwind with good food and Arabian folklore entertainment.
You can even upgrade your desert experience into a luxury one with stays at opulent desert resorts that offer you the best luxury pampering and comfort facilities for an enriching desert experience.
Travel Tips and info:
- Make sure you carry everything needed to make your kids comfortable during a desert safari.
- Evening tours are the best option for families traveling with young kids.
- Dress comfortably in light airy clothes. Make sure you wear open footwear and lather on loads of sunscreen to avoid sunburns.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- It is not recommended to take young kids dune bashing. Even adults with vertigo issues and motion sickness should avoid sand dune bashing.
Hope you got some great ways to keep kids entertained during a trip to Abu Dhabi. These options are some of the best ways for your kids to enjoy a magnificent vacation in Abu Dhabi.
Priya, an avid travel writer, I love to weave my travel experiences into exciting stories that can be shared to inspire others to travel. My blogs and articles give deep insight into various tourist places and act as a perfect travel guide for someone who is traveling to a place for the first time. Follow my journey through travel articles that are extensively about experiences while traveling to several places like Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Europe, Dubai, USA, Canada. My passion for travel has to lead me to meet amazing new friends and discover new cultures all around the world.